The sleek, swanky, sophisticated EGG stroller has a more feminine look and feels than we are used to seeing in the strollers we sell.
EGG starts with being extraordinarily fashionable – the leatherette handle color matches the seat liner color and both are set against a striking backdrop of luxurious color. Accent lines in the hood complete the look of a sophisticated sleek fashion that would look good at a Manhattan cocktail party. The EGG shape is a feminine form well-known in the sculpture world. The stroller, with its matching apron (included, as is the seat liner, rain cover, and mosquito net) looks like it embraces your baby and keeps her safe.
One tribute to fashion: Each of the four colors comes with a different colored chassis – the Gray with a Gun Metal frame, the Regal Blue with a Mirror chassis, the Espresso with a Black frame and the Prosecco with a brushed silver frame.
Most of our popular strollers can be described as “guy strollers”. For example, it was common 10 years ago to hear about proud Dads-to-be pushing around an empty Bugaboo Cameleon or Buffalo. Jogging strollers are all about being athletic and outdoorsy – certainly a female activity but not really focused on fashion. Other strollers have reams of information about their functionality and little comment on their “runway look”.
While this has changed recently with Bugaboo, Stokke and UPPAbaby moving into fashionable highlights on their strollers, the EGG is well ahead in providing a complete “look”.
Some interesting features:
- Converts to a double stroller by adding a tandem adaptor and a second seat. This is a really well-imagined method for retaining the “single-strolleredness” of the EGG while providing a comfortable and maneuverable double option
- The tires have “Tru-Ride technology” which basically means the solid tire reacts like an air-filled tire without the danger of going flat. A lot of companies have tried to do this, but in my tests, the EGG tires have the best technology. Come and try it yourself.
- The chassis, of 100% aluminum, is not powder coated (which can scratch easily) but electroplated which gives a high-quality hard finish.
- A large, shaped, infant insert allows your new baby to lie flat in the stroller and still be held in place using the existing stroller straps. This replaces a carry cot or bassinet (which has no straps to secure your baby) and allows for longer usage than a regular carry cot. As per usual, Health Canada’s very restrictive rules have not allowed the EGG carrycot for use in Canada.
- Really high-quality fabrics and material are used throughout the stroller. In particular, the leatherette handles are thick with a textured feel that make them a pleasure to hold.
- As well, the EGG has a large open basket for easy access, a simple fold mechanism that is easy to use and a seat that faces both towards the parent and forward facing. Of course, you can buy Car Seat adaptors which are suitable for the Maxi-Cosi Max 30 infant seat.
The stroller is priced at $1,385 with the infant insert, cup holder, footmuff, car seat adaptors and parasol as useful extras. Shop now at Crocodile Baby Store.